Food doesn’t have to look always “the same”. In addition to being fun to do, arranging the food shows kids that even everyday events can (and should) be done in new ways, that can solve problems. “Yet another sandwich for breakfast? Try an elf face instead!”
Here are some tips for arranging healthy snacks for children.
- You can make an ordinary thing something exciting and completely different
- You can use food as material for making something
- Thinking about pros and cons (pro: more fun, con: more work, part of the food goes unused)
- Edible things: vegetables, fruit, ham, bread, nuts etc.
- Apples and turnip cabbages are easy to cut into thin slices, that can be cut with a cookie cutter
- (Cookie cutters)
- Cutting board